Job Summary: Under supervision of the Farm Program Manager and Market/CSA Grower this position will assist in growing of various items including but limited to vegetables and flowers periodic markets and distributions. Duties include all aspects of small-scale production agriculture including but not limited to small machine work, transplanting, mechanical and hand weeding, harvest and post-harvest packing and processing. The market garden environment is managed organically but not certified organic.
Career Type: Seasonal, Full-time
Education/Experience: One season working on a farm and 2 years or more of college course work in community engagement, education, food systems or urban farming would ideal for the position. Experience working a POS system preferred with the ability to multi-task at a busy farmers market. The equivalent combination of education and experience is also acceptable. Must be adaptable to a fast-paced, schedule driven farm environment. Must also have experience connecting with various types of community partners and stakeholders. Must have a minimum 6 months cashiering experience plus strong customer service skills. Must be proficient in computer tasks including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, email, and internet browsing. Must be able to work independently and in groups. Must possess valid Colorado Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record as this position requires driving a box truck to farm stand locations.
Essential Job Duties:
- Performs assigned tasks including but not limited to harvesting washing and packing of vegetables.
- Manage sales and distribution at weekly farm stands or farmers markets.
- Maintain freshness and quality of produce at all markets, as well as an attractive stand set-up
- Employ creativity and adaptability in market stand/distribution arrangement, to enhance productivity and customer and volunteer experience.
- Oversee volunteers at farm stands including communication and duties.
- Perform cashier duties and ensure accurate sales and accounting.
- Maintain an inventory of farm stand supplies
- Ensure quality, timeliness, and accuracy in all aspects of farm work
- Transport packed produce to farm stand and distributions, unload, and set up stand using methods that maintain quality standards and timeliness
Other Job Duties:
- Assist in calculating quarterly production and income figures
- Attend regular meetings with CSA staff and give reports on the progress of the farm stand program
- Assist with sales and delivery to wholesale customers
- Maintains satisfactory working relationships with managers, co-workers and others.
- Maintains a positive, helpful and solution-oriented demeanor when responding to or serving members and visitors.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
Click here to apply: