We are seeking to fill the role of a part-time Gleaning & Food-Systems Coordinator who will be responsible for food-recovery and redistribution logistics—along with healthy-food equity and advocacy work—in Denver, Colorado.
UpRoot Colorado (UpRoot) increases the nutrition security of Coloradans by harvesting and redistributing surplus, nutrient-dense foods while supporting the resilience of farmers. We envision a mindful, humane and equitable Colorado food system where everyone has access to locally produced, nutrient-dense foods; where people are more connected to the sources of our food; and where farmers are valued for who they are: a cornerstone of our society.
Role description: Overview:
- Job Title: Gleaning & Food-Systems Coordinator
- Job Status: 40 hours per week: June 1-Oct 31; 20 hours per week: Nov 1-May 31
- Job Term: This role is currently a non-exempt, grant-funded one-year position, ending (May 31, 2024). There is the potential for an evolution of this role into a multi-year position and UpRoot staff are working to realize this goal
- Pay: $19-$20 per hour, depending on skills and experience
- Preferred Start Date: Prior to May 1, 2023
- Current benefits: Flexible work schedule, November to May. Healthcare stipend. Paid sick leave. Colorado SecureSavings Roth IRA. Tech stipend. Mileage reimbursement of $0.35 per mile for role-specific duties
Our Gleaning & Food-Systems Coordinators are responsible for our Gleaning Initiative in specific geographic regions of Colorado: conducting outreach; recruiting and managing volunteers; connecting with farm partners and potential farm partners; coordinating and leading gleaning events to harvest surplus food from local farms and fruit trees; connecting and collaborating with hunger-relief partners; coordinating the distribution of gleaned food; performing organizing, equity, and advocacy work; writing, editing and sharing communications; educating the community about our food-system.