Alvéole is a Montreal-based social company cultivating greener cities and more connected communities in 40 cities worldwide. The certified B Corp and 1% for the Planet member brings nature-based solutions such as honey bee hives, pollinator habitat, and bee-friendly gardens to buildings in cities and monitors their impact with technology, to help clients meet their ESG goals and be agents of positive environmental and social change.
Equity, diversity and inclusion
Much like the way a beehive comes together to achieve its goals, we believe that the diverse skills, personalities, backgrounds and past experiences of every Alvéole team member are key components to our growth, wellbeing, and shared goal of making people fall in love with bees.
We have the privilege to serve unique cities and are dedicated to developing a workforce that reflects the spaces in which we live and work. As such, we encourage applications from persons of diverse backgrounds. We are committed to creating a place where all feel included, and recognize that this is a work in progress.
Are you interested in bees and would you like to work producing local urban honey?
Alvéole has a sweet deal for you! We’re presently looking to fill positions on our honey extraction and production team in Denver for the 2023 beekeeping season.
This is a temporary position, available from May to November.
Click here to see a video of honey extraction for a sneak peak of what is in store.
Role and responsibilities
Honey extraction, jarring and labeling
- Uncap honey frames
- Operate the machines in the extraction line
- Unload the honey boxes from trucks
- Clean the extraction room
- Jar honey
- Label honey jars
- Pack pallets of jarred honey
- Assist in the facilitation shipments of honey across the United States
- Organize the different sections of the production room and extraction room, keep them tidy at all times
- Track inventory
- Ensure irreproachable quality control
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Adhere to all food safety measures identified by management
Handle matters related to our by-products (candles, soaps, lip balm, etc.)
- Assemble products, appropriate packaging and designated labels.
- Pack and ship products to clients and cities.
- Attention to detail
- Good team spirit
- Enjoys repetitive tasks
- Can handle heat and heavy lifting (40 pounds)
- Available (full time) from May 2023 to November 2023