Fortunate Fruit LLC is a profitable family owned and operated organic farm located in the Dominguez Canyon area of Delta County, Colorado. We grow 83 acres of certified organic peaches, nectarines, pears, cherries, apples, apricots, plums, and watermelons. Four full-time employees and a crew of twenty-five workers are employed during peak season.
The Organic Fruit Farmer position is a full-time, full year-long position. Farmer will live on the farm and will assist owners in many aspects of the business with particular emphasis in the following areas:
– Manage organic pest control program. Learn pest control systems from our current pest control manager. Monitor pest populations and traps and schedule sprays and mating disruptions accordingly. Accurately mix solutions and drive spray tractor properly. Maintain accurate spray records. Obtain and maintain current pesticide applicator license.
– Maintain compliance records for FSMA, GAP, H2A, Worker Safety, NOP, and other government and customer mandated compliance programs.
– Assist cooler and packing shed operations. Build positive customer relations, track inventory, and manage packing crew for direct sales orders.
– Drive truck and trailer with harvested fruit to packing shed company during harvest.
– Perform routine equipment and vehicle maintenance and perform light repairs. Keep accurate maintenance records.
– Drive forklift. Load bins of fruit into coolers and truck trailers.
– Closely interact with owners, foreman, and work crews to ensure that quality work is performed.
– Continually inspect harvested fruit.
– Operate tractors. Mow, plow, shuttle bin trailers, lay black plastic/drip tape, etc.
Skills and Abilities:
– Organized, detail-oriented, and conscientious.
– Stamina and enthusiasm for working long hours with few or no days off during peak harvest periods.
– Clean driving record and ability to safely drive tractors, trucks, and forklifts.
– Ability to work productively in extreme heat and cold.
– Advanced computer and technology skills.
– Spanish speaking skills a plus.
– Heartfelt passion and commitment for organic agriculture.
– Independent, creative, and self-motivated.
– Willingness to be a team player and to pitch in when necessary to get jobs done.
– Strong physical condition and living a healthy lifestyle. Ability to comfortably lift 50 lbs.
– No serious allergies to desert or hay pollens.
– Able to provide own self-recognition (i.e. free from social media dependency).
– Appreciate living in a conservative, relatively remote area with few neighbors, 30 minutes drive to Delta, CO and 45 minutes drive to Grand Junction, CO.
– Comfortable living in a wilderness environment with wild animals including bears, mountain lions, wolves, and rattlesnakes. Hunting skills a plus.
– Value individual sovereignty over joining the New World Order.
Minimum 3 years farming experience; preferably in organic fruit and/or organic vegetable farming.
– Salary depending on experience and abilities.
– Year-end bonus based on business profitability.
– Housing including all utilities in beautiful 2-bedroom farmhouse on the farm.
– Three-week trial period.
– Position available immediately.
Send resume to email@example.com
Ewell & Lauren Culbertson
April 2, 2021