About The Chef Ann Foundation
The Chef Ann Foundaon’s mission is to provide school communities with the tools, training, resources and funding that enables them to create healthier food and redefine lunchroom environments. Founded in 2009 by Chef Ann Cooper, the Chef Ann Foundation (CAF) carries out our vision by actively supporting school districts nationwide through grant programs and by providing tried and tested tools for school food change. Our major programs include:
- ● Get Schools Cooking (GSC): an intensive 3-year assessment and strategic planning program that provides schools with the operational knowledge to transition from a heat & serve to scratch cook operational model.
- ● Salad Bars to Schools (SB2S): is a grading program that provides schools and districts with salad bar equipment and support, such as Cambro bars, camchillers, and technical assistance.
- ● School Food Institute (SFI): is a set of online courses that provide professional development and comprehensive training on the key components of successful scratch-cook operations in schools.
- ● The Lunch Box (TLB): is an online toolkit that provides free step-by-step guides, tools, recipes and other resources to help schools improve their meal programs and convert to scratch-cooking.
Position: Administrative Associate
The Administrative Associate reports to the Chief Operating Officer. This position will provide support to all aspects of the organization with a focus on administrative support for the CEO and COO, program and development support and grant writing. We are looking for a detail oriented person with experience working in an administrative support role. The Administrative Associate is a key support staff member for CAF and is a great position for a highly organized, self-starter with excellent communication skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- ● Provide administrative support for the CEO and COO;
- ● Serve as initial point of contact for all general incoming emails and phone calls;
- ● Scheduling meetings, coordinate logistics and take meeting notes for team and Board of Directors;
- ● Prepare PowerPoint and Google Slides presentations;
- ● Create and update spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets;
- ● Data entry for programs and accounting including Salesforce and QuickBooks applications;
- ● Support for annual audit including document and workpaper preparation;
- ● Maintain office order and filing including organization of communication materials, promotional goods, office supplies, etc.;
- ● Check office mail and make bank deposits;
● Other administrative dues as assigned.
- ● Provide administrative support for the program team;
- ● Coordinate data and information collection for program reports, team reports, sponsor updates, grant applications, interviews, program partnerships and general organization communications;
● Support for program events (i.e. name tags, bio sheets, etc.).
Grant Writing and Development Dues:
- ● Work with the Development Team to write LOI’s (Letters of Intent) and full grant proposals;
- ● Research grants identified by the Development Team or other CAF team members;
- ● Enter all grant deadlines and grantor/donor notes and updates into Salesforce;
- ● Provide support for fundraising events;
- ● Attend weekly Development Team Meetings.
Candidates for this position will possess:
- ● A passion for health and strong interest in childhood wellness;
- ● An associates or bachelors degree preferred;
- ● 1-2 years experience in a programs or administrative support role;
- ● Outstanding organizational skills;
- ● High level of computer proficiency including but not limited to Google (G Suite), Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, experience with Canva, Salesforce and Campaign Monitor a plus;
- ● Very strong ability to think ahead and to work independently as well as collaboratively;
- ● Strong interpersonal skills in order to work with different personalities and backgrounds;
- ● Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details;
- ● Effective telephone and email customer service skills;
- ● Willingness to engage in continuous learning and training;
- ● An ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
Compensation will be commensurate with the candidate’s previous experience and credentials. The Chef Ann Foundation is a great place to work and provides its staff with a competitive package, including health insurance reimbursement, professional development, a generous paid time off program, and a 403b retirement plan.
Please submit a cover letter and resume (both of which should demonstrate your experience, qualifications, educational background, and your desire to fill this position) to Leslie Stafford, Chief Operating Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject tle “Administrave Associate.” The deadline to apply is April 23, 2021.
This position is based in Boulder, CO. Our organization is following local, state and federal guidelines regarding office staffing and closures. Our team works both remotely and in the office as guidelines allow.
At the Chef Ann Foundation, our work to ensure access to fresh, healthy school food for all is built on the idea of equity. We support and celebrate difference, and our team and community are stronger with every new voice. CAF is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.