Boulder County Farmers Markets (BCFM) is hiring two separate part-time Food Access Coordinators to work at our Boulder Farmers Markets and our Longmont Farmers Market. The positions will start in mid-March.
Please read full job description on our website:
This is a unique position that requires a diverse skill set. We are seeking an energetic, welcoming and organized individual who is capable of working independently and as team, able to multi-task and handle a wide variety of job responsibilities. The ideal candidate should have a passion for local food, speak fluent Spanish and English, enjoy working in a team and independently, and thrive in a physical work environment in all weather conditions. Good customer service skills are a must.
The Food Access Coordinator will be the primary contact at the farmers market for SNAP, WIC, Farm to Early Care Education, and Boulder Fruit and Veg recipients. Job responsibilities include conducting and overseeing transactions, set-up and breakdown of market booth, data entry, managing surveys, and giving farmers market tours.
Assist with weekly logistics and market operations – i.e. set-up and breakdown of table Ensure proper food access signage at each vendor stall Perform food access transactions Conduct periodic surveys with food access recipients Direct customer service, compassion in moments of deescalation Collaborate on outreach initiatives and promotion Oversee tours at the farmers market Provide general support to the BCFM team Maintain food access equipment, resources and materials
Fluency in English and Spanish.
– Speaks effectively and conversationally in both English & Spanish.
Excellent Customer Service
– Greets and anticipates customer and vendors needs by providing information and quality service.
– Empathetic, holds boundaries, builds relationships and receives feedback well with all BCFM stakeholders – i.e. customers, staff and vendors.
Organized and Detailed Oriented
– Manages multiple tasks and details in a systematic way, and prioritizes work.
– Takes direction well, and completes all tasks fully and efficiently in a fast-paced environment both independently and collaboratively as needed.
Knowledge of Food Access
– Strong knowledge of SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), WIC (Women Infants and Children) and other food access efforts in Boulder County.
Knowledge of Food Systems & Agriculture
– Working knowledge or desire to learn the general state of food systems and Colorado agriculture.
Reports directly to Market Coordinators and Food Access Specialist.
Wages and Benefits:
This is a part-time position, 6-12 hours per week, $15/hr.
Send resume to email@example.com.