Denver Urban Gardens (DUG) is hiring a bilingual, administrative assistant to assist with general office responsibilities and duties. Interested bilingual candidates must be able to speak, write, and translate documents at an English/Spanish working professional level. This position is 30 hours per week, keeping regular hours of 9:00 am – 3:00 pm, Monday – Friday, with occasional time spent assisting at DUG events during other hours.
Essential Job Duties:
- Acts as DUG’s First Point of Contact: Manages all incoming phone calls and call transfers to staff, which includes interpretation/translation assistance, and greets all visitors and staff with a positive customer-focused approach and provides information and resources as needed
- Follows standardized opening procedures to ensure DUG office is promptly open at 9:00 am
- General Office Operations and Coordination: monitors and orders office supplies, manages printers, sorts and delivers incoming mail to staff, ensures consistent cleanliness and organization of DUG office, helps coordinate event materials, etc.
- Manages the general DUG email account: monitors and responds to general inquiries and
identifies and forwards more directed emails to the appropriate DUG staff
- Board connection: Maintains up-to-date records and coordinates between the executive
director and board as necessary and prepares board packets prior to each board meeting
- Enters and codes all incoming cash/check receipts into DUG’s financial & database systems
and assists with other financial/accounting projects as needed
- Database and website management: Works with Salesforce records and donations, operates DUG website and manages class registration, enters and organizes all garden plot applications into DUG’s database. Initiates and monitors background checks for gardeners at DUG school gardens
- Moderates DUG volunteer program: fields all community service volunteer inquiries and assists with writing the volunteer newsletter
- Assists other DUG staff with program-based administrative needs, as time allows
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Bilingual English/Spanish- Speaks, writes, & translates at a professional/native level
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency in standard office software (Microsoft Office, Excel, Google Suite, etc.)
- Accurate attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Patient, pleasant and approachable demeanor
- Punctual and reliable work habits
- Salesforce experience a plus
- Previous experience working with an executive director and board of directors
Compensation and Benefits: Starting compensation ranges from $15 to $18 per hour based on experience and skill set. Benefits include paid holidays, vacation and other personal time off, and
access to employer-sponsored health and dental insurance plans.
Applications for this position will be accepted through January 30, 2020.
To Apply: Send a single PDF of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Admin Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.