Job Posting: CRMS Garden Intern Position 2020 To apply, contact email@example.com Application deadline March 1, 2020
Location: Colorado Rocky Mountain School, an independent day and boarding high school, has an organic garden program with vegetable gardens, a young orchard, a small nursery, a large scale composting system, and a water efficient public demonstration garden. CRMS is located on a 350 acre ranch in Carbondale in western Colorado between Glenwood Springs and Aspen at an elevation of 6200 feet.
Job Responsibilities: The Garden Interns participate in all activities of the garden as needed.
This includes soil preparation, planting, watering, weeding fertilizing, planning, harvesting, cleaning produce, preparing produce for storage, maintaining tools, minor repairs on buildings and equipment and cleaning of the buildings and work areas. There also exist opportunities operate a skidsteer, participate in construction projects, and dabble in flower arranging. At times, the Intern may be called upon to work in/on the campus landscape. In addition, interns may be given responsibility over a specific project or ongoing task.
Housing: On campus (most likely a dorm room).
Stipend: $125/week paid every two weeks
Meals: Three meals daily provided when school kitchen is open. The kitchen will be open for most of the term of the internship with the exception of a few intermittent weeks usually no more than 2 weeks total. The interns will also have access to produce from the school garden and dry goods from the kitchen.
Time commitment: Duration and dates are flexible. 10-20 weeks at 40+ hours a week from May until September depending on the CRMS school calendar and the Intern’s availability. The interns will be required to work some weekends (on a rotating schedule with other interns and assistant- expect 1-2 weekends per
month- mostly watering and light work). Due to the nature of agricultural work, typical holidays (such as Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day) will be regularly scheduled work days. Expect a heavy work load (40+ hours/
week) most weeks.
• The Garden Interns should have the ability to thrive under
• An ability to be flexible and respond to changes that
arise because of the school calendar and the weather
• A strong interest in organic agriculture and a strong work ethic are
• An ability to work and live together cooperatively is essential.
• The internship is an experiential learning while doing opportunity and
applicants must express a desire to engage in the work at hand every day.
• A well-developed, efficient and energetic work ethic
• The ability to use observance to initiate tasks
• At least 18 years of age
• Due to the presence of students on campus, all employees are required
a background check. This requirement poses a barrier for international applicants.
• Must provide own transportation to CRMS
• Ability to work in an efficient and thorough manner
• Due to the housing available to interns/assistant, no pets are
To apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org Application deadline March 1, 2020