The Field to Foam Research Institute
Elevating Colorado Brewing Through Engagement and Research
The Field to Foam Institute bridges the gap between CSU research programs, the Colorado brewing industry and its related supply/distribution chains. The Institute will facilitate collaboration between the actors in Colorado’s field to foam supply chain and the talent and knowledge pool at CSU.
Colorado’s craft brewing industry had an economic impact of $3.285 billion in 2018.
Colorado is home to 9 commercial breweries and over 396 craft breweries.
Colorado breweries produced over 4 million barrels of beer in 2018.
WHY DOES COLORADO’S BREWING INDUSTRY NEED A RESEARCH INSTITUTE?
“Brewing great beer is no longer enough, it is going to be very hard to succeed in the current marketplace.”
“The CSU food systems team’s research has been instrumental in determining the impacts of full-strength beer in grocery and convenience stores on the state's independent craft breweries. This information has helped breweries understand the marketplace and make future distribution decisions.”
THE FIELD TO FOAM RESEARCH INSTITUTE VISION
- Bridge the gap between CSU research programs and the Colorado Brewing Industry by pursuing three goals:
- Create a comprehensive catalogue of CSU expertise
- Facilitate team building and interdisciplinary work across campus and between CSU and industry
- Serve as the main portal connecting CSU and the Field to Foam industry
- Fund research via recurring research funding proposals with sizable grants and a simple application process
- Create a shared platform of priorities by balancing academic and industry objectives in research outcomes